Sunday, March 13, 2011

Welcome aboard this is your Captain speaking.....

Hi, this is the first of my blogs for the On a Wing & a Chair Round Australia Flight, so welcome aboard!  Myself and the team at On a Wing & a Chair (OWC), www.onawingandachair.org.au , are setting out to raise the expectations of the community about what people with disabilities can achieve and hopefully provide some inspiration to encourage others, whether disabled or not to have have a go at their own challenging goals.  To achieve this I plan to be the first person with quadriplegia to fly solo around the coastline of Australia.

In the lead up and during this epic journey I will keep you up to date with my progress and experiences, and hope you will join me.

As part of the planning for the OWC Round Australia Flight I am undertaking a three week training flight to Central Australia on 4th April 2011, which is going to be a real challenge but also an amazing experience for me.

So stay tuned and I will keep you posted.

3 comments:

  1. Go Dave, we will be watching you. Have a great time and if all else fails smile. Viv

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget Tassie ... Virginia

    ReplyDelete