Monday, March 14, 2011

Flight Plan

I have planned the Central Australia Flight to give me a real challange, both from a physical and mental perspective but also from a logistical standpoint.

I will be flying this trip by myself with a friend, Lida as a passenger, who will help me out with what I need on the ground.  Doing it as a solo aircraft will have some real challenges as I need to make sure I'm prepared for what can go wrong.  I will talk about that in later blogs.

I will be starting at Tooridan and flying in a clockwise direction.  The dots on the map are overnight stops and at some of those I will spend a couple of nights.

Some of the highlights of the flight will be flying over Lake Eyre full of water which has been a dream of mine for years, and going to the Bourke & Wills Dig Tree between Birdsville and Nocundra Hotel.

Over & Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment