Thursday, April 21, 2011

Leg 10 Noccundra Hotel QLD - Broken Hill NSW

The flight from Noccundra was short, only 2.5 hours. I refueled at Tiboorburra NSW, I had to book this fuel 6 weeks ago. When I rang up to confirm the fuel in the morning they had no record of me. Don't know what happened there, but they had some for me anyway.

I'm starting to notice much more civiliseation now, I got used to seeing no buildings or roads.
Broken Hill is a really nice place, I have been here twice before, but there were a couple of sights I wanted to see before leaving as I have missed out each other time.


Over flying Broken Hill
We went to the Pro Hart Gallery, I had no idea he had done so much work, it was well worth a look. Alot of it is of the Broken Hill area which is really interesting.
Pro Harts Rolls Royce, he painted a murel on it.
Finally got to the Palace Hotel. This is where Pecilla Queen of the Desert was filmed and it has these great murels painted on the walls and ceilings by some well known local artists years ago. Its a great old pub and has really good food.
Palace Hotel where part of Precilla Queen of the Desert was filmed


Murels painted on many walls


Murels also on many ceilings

Going home tomorrow, back to the Big Smoke!

Over & Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment